A global company with local presence
At Bluetest, the ideas and energy of each team member are the foundation to our business and continuing success. We take pride in creating a dynamic and agile organization together where the contribution of each individual is clearly visible and adds value to the Bluetest brand.
Our flexible team is prepared to deliver on the evolving needs of the customers and partners we serve with future-oriented Bluetest technology and solutions.
The Bluetest team consists of talented people from all over the world with varied backgrounds, and our general language for communication is English. We are looking for individuals who support our core values, enjoy personal growth and continuous development of skills.
For Bluetest, it is important that employees feel challenged and appreciated at work. Bluetest offers many perks and benefits in addition to compliance to local employment frameworks.
Bluetest is looking for
Bluetest AB is world leading in over-the-air measurements of wireless devices in reverberation chambers. Our products are used in R&D labs to verify performance of wireless devices and antennas. We have customers worldwide, among them the largest mobile phone manufacturers, operators, and wireless device manufacturers. The majority of all mobile phones on the market are developed with the aid of Bluetest’s solutions. Research and product development take place at our headquarters in Gothenburg and in Gävle. Sales and support are handled from our local offices in USA and China. Bluetest is growing, and we are now looking for a talented system administrator who is interested in our new technology. This is a full-time assignment with start as soon as possible. The work is mainly located in our headquarters in Gothenburg, but some travelling can be expected.
Typical work day
As a key member of the Bluetest family you will be in close cooperation with everyone. It might be an R&D engineer needing help to setup a new virtual server, marketing who wants to discuss visitor statistics for the website or a fellow colleague whose laptop just stopped working. Sometimes it is a colleague in the same office, but it can also be someone in the United States or China. After lunch you continue your work with our Linux servers, installing maintenance updates, replacing a broken RAID disk or installing a new network switch. But if you prefer you can also gather the rest of the IT team to discuss e.g. ZFS encryption and it’s performance impacts.
- Administration and maintenance of internal servers, cloud services and client workstations.
- Management and continuous development of the company IT-policy, including security, backups, risk analysis and GDPR.
- Purchase and management of company technology and hardware, conference solutions, etc.
We believe that you have
- Degree in IT, computer science or equivalent with 3 years+ experience of similar tasks.
- Alternatively 5 years+ experience with no degree.
- Excellent skills in Linux systems management and good skills in shell scripting and Python.
- Excellent skills in English and Swedish, written and spoken.
Possible experience in (no requirement)
- Virtualization and containers (KVM/LXD/Docker)
- Understanding of continuous integration and build processes (C++/GitLab CI)
- Revision control with Git
- Samba/LDAP/Active directory/Bind
- IT solutions in challenging environments (e.g. China)
We expect that you
- Can live up to our values - Customer Focus, Teamwork, Innovation and Trust
- Are communicative, both externally and internally and want to understand client needs
- Have a flexible mindset and are used to quick changes of priorities
- Are accustomed to take responsibility for delivering good quality work at the right time
- Like to switch between individual work and work in smaller groups.
- Are structured, accurate and responsible
- Contribute with ideas and creative thinking
- Plan ahead and take initiatives
- Are outgoing, curious, helpful and enjoy learning new things
Write “System administrator” as subject to your application and send it to . We’d like to receive your application as soon as possible, however April, 11th, 2021 at the latest.
We are looking for a master thesis candidate.
Description and Background
Bluetest has the need to design a large antenna array for mm-wave antenna measurements. The array will be used in the near field where a plane wave is synthesized. An earlier thesis project consisted of a pre-study where the system design was investigated. Challenges and requirements on the radiating element were identified and they are the basis for this work.
Bluetest is a spin-off company from Chalmers and a world-leader in over-the-air testing of antennas and wireless communication systems. Bluetest develops and manufactures reverberation chambers which are sold to all major vendors of wireless equipment in the world. Currently Bluetest is working to introduce test systems relevant for the 5th generation of mobile systems that will be available in the next few years.
The project consists of the following parts:
- Background work
- Review and decision of a radiating design
- Designing the radiating element using COMSOL or other EM simulation software
- Design of required support structures for the prototype
- Manufacturing and testing of prototype
- Literature study and review of measurement requirements
- Systemization, overall design selection
- Selection of manufacturers
- Design and simulation of the radiating element
- Preperation of production material
- Prototype ordering
- Testing of prototype
- Report writing
We believe the master thesis candidate has a background in applied physics or electrical engineering with
- Microwave and antenna engineering experience and interest
- Experience in programming (preferably Python) and electromagnetic simulations (preferably COMSOL)
- Bluetest will provide supervision
- Office space at Bluetest
- All required lab resources
- Budget for purchase of required hardware/prototype
This project is sized for 30 ECTS.
We believe that the work is appropriate for 1 student during ½-1 year.
Write “R&D Master Thesis 2021” as subject to your application and send it to email@example.com. We’d like to receive your application as soon as possible.
We hope to get in touch with a wide range of future colleagues: Students, recent graduates and experienced professionals searching for their next challenge! New creative ideas are highly appreciated!
Top Reasons to Join
Pioneers and market leaders within its niche, wireless testing.
Work with leading global brands in the technology industry
Developing the company and brand together with colleagues.
We put our customers first and always develop our products and solutions with the end user in mind.
All employees are encouraged to contribute with new ideas and innovations, leading to continued personal growth and a creative workplace.
At Bluetest, each team member is encouraged to contribute and discuss, which create a strong team atmosphere. Transparent communication and open dialogue are key to the Bluetest team work values.
Bluetest focuses on expertise, competence, honesty and high-quality work. These principles and the years of experience in our niche business are all factors that contribute to the trust we have earned from our partners and customers.